counter on blogger
blah blah blah
redang part 2
4:56 am
say something! (0)

sunrise.............. beautiful? lol... i think morgan said my camera made the sunrise look better than real life. ahahahhahahahaha. love u baby g11 :D

we didn't do much other then camwhoring and playing around the jetty after that.
a famous place where some hong kong movie starring sammi cheng was shot. the original building was actually torn down but laguna built a replica of it. it's now an overpriced souvenir shop (didn't hv time to visit tho)

finally it was time for our 2nd snorkelling trip at the marine park @ pulau pinang. this time we actually rented an underwater camera and we brought some bread to feed the fishies.
The fishes.... super ganas. i was holding bread in my hand and one fish actually bit my hand. crazy. It's actually quite scary to watch all the fishes eating away up close. who knows one might just chomp off the tip of your fingers.

The marine park was... meh. Lots of dead corals in the middle. I got separated from the group after a while but I went ahead and tried to follow ee wei and the guide. the guide showed us some strange corals (it closes when it's touched) and also the moray eel. wow... gigantic.

luring out the eel with a piece of dead fish
the moray eel is at the bottom of the pic. i didn't click the shutter fast enough as it really happened in a blink of an eye.

After that i really cannot swim anymore thanks to my useless swimming technique (kicking only. my hands were useless for some reason) so i just drifted around finding for the others. finally i found them and we went ahead and saw a sunken ship
haha. hms repulse or prince of wales?

not sure about the exact location, but another friend said that sting rays can be found just a little off to the right more, slightly beyond the buoy. darn it... her guide showed her that.

as for the 3rd and final snorkelling trip, i didn't bring my camera so no pics to show. But it was another deep sea snorkelling. too bad the currents were quite strong and it kept bringing me to the shallow corals. 30 minutes before the time ended, i really couldn't swim anymore and was just drifting along. my motion sickness kicked in (thanks to all the swaying motion) and i felt really really sleepy and had a headache. ughh...
morgan, parisha and ange thought i died or something (lol. but seriously, thanks for the concern :D)

the guides decided to bring us back early anyway because the currents were getting a little too strong. so we were back at shore by 4.30pm. With time to kill... we tried our hand at volleyball

well... it didn't really worked out well as:
1) volleyball needs a lot of upper strength. seriously. it's not as easy as it seems. and we had 4 girls and only 2 guys. the guys could play... the girls.... meh
2) all of us were beginners. we spent more time picking up the ball then actually hitting it
3) parisha was scared of the ball. ahahahhahahahahaha

but i guess it was all worth it as we got one of the most memorable scenes EVER: morgan hitting himself in the head with the ball (it hit pretty hard....) and his ray-bans falling off. then him crumbling down to all fours to let all a dramatic hail of "arghhhhhhhhhh. MY RAY BANSSS"

after that it was off to laguna (to our awesome discovery of a swimming pool in an island)
i failed at swimming even there :( only can swim backwards. so sad la
parisha, me and ange then frolicked in the beach with morgan and sam joining us later. it was just so relaxing and stress free to be enjoying the waves and just having chit-chat.
we did the whole set of playing card symbol: hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades. ahahahhaha. this is supposed to be spades. lol

we didn't really do much at night other than walk to the other end of the beach. soon, everyone was too tired to go on playing cards (morgan kept winning this time. lol... i think that killed the fun) 

the next morning was pretty much a blur. we woke up, ate breakfast and returned the keys + snorkel equipment. then we looked around the souvenir stores. before we know it, we had to rush to the boat for us leave already. ;( 

gbye dear redang.

but that wasn't the end of the story. ahhaha. we stopped by a keropok stall on the way to the bus station. cheap btw. i didn't know that and my mom scolded me for not buying more (rm5 for a medium sized packet of uncooked keropok, rm8 for a big packet. they sell the ikan parang variety too [lighter color] for rm9. in subang, i saw 1 packet goes for rm18, double the price)
goat at keropok stall. really smelly though. the other goat kept wanting to get out from the kandang when i approach. or either it wanted to eat my camera strap.
who thinks it's funny that it says "tidak gatal" hahahahaha. ange said it probably means no allergic reaction. but it didn't really say "takkan mati". some ppl hv anaphylaxis reaction towards prawns XD

Soon, we arrived at the bus station again and like ants to sugar... all the city folk made a beeline to mcds nearby. the bus station is very dodgy though. me and parisha were transferring the baggage to the bus (since the others had to go to the toilet and 7-11) and straightaway there was this guy who were following and staring at us. lucky morgan was jaga-ing the rest of the bag and we called him to follow us. hahaha. 
before we left for redang also there was this creepy beggar who suddenly stood really close to ange to ask for money. super creepy. 

then it was just another 7 hr journey to KL. me and parisha woke up every 30 mins while the others slept peacefully. sad la. we arrived back at hentian putra at 8.30pm. then we all parted ways while ee wei, ange and sam followed me to the subang station.

last shot of the day

i was exhausted when i arrived back. but the trip was very fun and rewarding. the marine life there is gorgeous and it's really possible to snorkel without knowing how to swimming (obviously with guides and friends watching over. i don't think i'll dare snorkel out alone). really a rewarding trip after our horrible EOS 5.